I wanted to share with you some of my first impressions of our life together in Camden.
- Our churches take the commitment to our missionaries seriously. Though regular updates, monthly missionary prayer meetings and financial support, our gatherings want to ensure our missionaries know they are supported by us.
- Our churches take the commitment of passing the good news about Jesus to the next generation seriously. Through KidsTime, GFS, Meteors, Youth, Kid’s Church, Mainly Music, and youth Bible studies, our churches want to pass Jesus from one generation to the next. (Psalm 145:4)
- Many of the congregation deeply value time together in community groups. As I have been visiting the groups, I have been genuinely encouraged by the passion for opening God’s word, supporting one another through life’s ups and downs, and enjoying being together socially. May this long continue!
- There’s a desire for our church to turn our attention outwards to engage and love the community. While we are privileged to be on the hill in Camden (and other locations), privilege comes with responsibility. I would love our churches to have such an impact in Camden and beyond, that if we were to shut up shop overnight, 1000s of people would be devastated at the loss of our compassion and service.
- Our churches take the responsibility of caring for one another seriously. Having been meeting formally with the pastoral carers, but also just observing and hearing of congregations, members looking out for each other warms this pastor’s heart.
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. (Romans 12:16-18)